Welcome to the Mailscript documentation
Mailscript brings the best features of bots and smart contracts for email.
Use our free API and CLI, in any language. No complicated setups.
Example use cases
- Setup and route your companies email addresses based on a yaml file. See
mailscript sync:export --path my-email-infra.ymlfor how to setup
email infrastructure as code.
- Redirect engineering emails based on a schedule over the holidays. Mailscript
workflowsallow your team to edit the flow of emails in your company in one place.
- Integrate that weekly csv reporting email - you know the one, it comes in every week on an email as an attached csv file - it needs to be downloaded, parsed through a cleanup script and uploaded in the company reporting database. Use
mailscript daemonto automate the task away.
- Auto-provision a new employees email address based off the Github event “Added to Team”, take a look at our
- Setup the “New Features” weekly email for your app. Sync the app's user list to a Mailscript mailing list with our
api, then setup a
workflowfor the sales team to push the latest features out to the list.
Learn about the different technologies that make-up Mailscript:
Getting started is as easy as
yarn global add mailscript
It is possible to integrate Mailscript's services directly into your own projects. To do so you can interact with the API directly. The API was built using the OpenAPI Specification which allows developers to interact with the underlying abstractions directly.
Take into consideration that these two endpoints work with production code, so any updates you submit will update your account's configuration.
Coming soon. We will be offering sdk clients that implement object wrappers on top of the API. Developers will be able to import/require these libraries directly into their codebases to start using Mailscript.
Read our templates on setting up your infrastructure and automations with Mailscript in GitHub.
Pipe email attachments to an endpoint
Setup the first step of a pipeline with data from email attachments: attachments to webhook.
Manage your email infrastructure
Version control your email infrastructure and setup a continuous integration process whenever you submit changes: email infrastructure management.
Auto-reply to first time senders
Let first time senders know you'll get back to them: auto-reply to first time senders.
Send an sms text message when the important messages arrive: [two alert messages in a minute to send sms](https://github.com/mailscript/cli/tree/main/packages/templates/two-alerts-to-sms.
Send messages to your team channels
Notify your discord/slack channels when something needs their attention: run failed to discord #channel.
Setup shared addresses for your team
Setup a group of employees to receive messages directed to an address and have them all be able to reply from such address: shared address for teams.